This is How Your Body Gets RID Of FAT

Image Credit: Stocksy
We get caught up in the saying that "we burn fat when we workout", but have you ever wondered where that burnt fat from the body goes to when you are trying to lose weight to get in shape? You could probably try a guess or two about the chemistry that goes on in the body as you workout, but the real answer might actually surprise you: 
A group of researchers in Australia just discovered that when we "melt" or "burn" away fat, it literally disappears into thin air — just by breathing. In fact, 84 percent of fat is burnt off via breathing out carbon dioxide, while the remaining 16 percent is released via sweat, tears, and, urine.
So can you huff and puff and blow your excess jiggle away? Not quite. Breathing is just the vehicle for fat loss, not the fuel. In other words, you're not going to exhale any metabolized fat cells unless you burn them off first with exercise and a healthy diet. Still, researchers Andrew Brown and Ruben Merriman note that the study is revolutionary because until now doctors, trainers, and other experts had major misconceptions about how weight loss happens. Many thought that metabolized(burnt) fat was converted to energy or excrement, and some believed the seductive idea that it "transforms" into muscle. (Sadly, not so.)

The conclusion? Brown and Merriman say that while biology textbooks are in for an overhaul, we should just stick to the tried-and-true regimen of exercise and healthy eating. If anything, the study emphasizes the importance of staying active over eating "perfectly." ("Physical activity as a weight-loss strategy is easily foiled by relatively small quantities of excess food," the authors note. "Eat less, move more.")

Credit: ELLE

Post a Comment